- 1 tbsp of Newgrange Gold Rapeseed Oil
- 150g of cream
- 150g of dark chocolate
- 1 tbsp of caster sugar
- 1tsp vanilla extract
- 150g cherries
- 50g sugar
- 1tbsp lemon juice
- To make the chocolate pots, put a medium pan filled with a small amount of waster, around ¼ full and place it on to a low to medium heat.
- Put a bowl on top of the pan ensuring that it does not touch the water. This is to create a bain marie so you heat the mixture gently.
- Place all the chocolate ingredients into the bowl and allow to heat slowly for five minutes without stirring. Once the chocolate is soft enough, fold the ingredients together gently and fully incorporate everything.
- Pop into for small pots or glasses and place in the fridge to set.
- For the compote, put all the ingredients into a pan and place on a medium heat. Once everything starts to heat and the cherries begin to soften and stir and bring it all together.
- Remove from the heat before the cherries have completely lost their shape and set aside to cool.
- When you are ready to serve, place your cherry compote on top of your chocolate pots and add a dollop of lightly whipped cream.
- You can serve as is or if you like you can add some fresh mint leaves and a pinch of crushed pink peppercorns to add a little kick.