- Newgrange Gold Camelina oil, for oiling
- 600 g gluten-free flour
- Half tsp salt
- 2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 300 g soya bran
- 150 g light brown sugar
- 3 eggs
- 100 ml basil pesto
- 20g of toasted pine nuts crushed
- 1 l buttermilk
- 1 tblsp sesame seeds
- butter, to serve
- Heat your oven to 180 degrees C. Oil your 900g loaf tin and set aside. Sift the salt, bicarbonate of soda and salt. Now stir in the soya bran, sugar and crushed toasted pine nuts.
- Combine the eggs, buttermilk and pesto in a jug. Make a well in the dry mix and pour in the wet mix. Combine with a wooden or even get in there with your hands.
- Place the mixture into the oil tin, smooth with a wet spoon and then drizzle over sesame seeds.
- Bake it in the oven for 50-60mins depending on your oven. To check if its cooked, tip it out and tap the bottom, if the bottom sound hollow its cooked. You can also check with a small knife, if it comes out clean its cooked.
- Allow to cool before slicing and tucking in.
Dip the bread into some Newgrange Gold Camelina Oil and balsamic vinegar.