Servings: 12 cupcakes
- 50ml Newgrange Gold Irish Wild Flax Oil, Camelina Sativa
- 177g all-purpose flour
- 142g sugar
- 115g plain yogurt
- 75ml melted butter
- 71ml milk
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tbsp lemon zest
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tbsp poppy seeds
- 225g icing sugar
- 1 lemon juice
Method (makes 12)
- Preheat oven 190°C
- Fill your cupcake tin with cupcake cases.
- In a mixing bowl, add the sugar, egg, yogurt, Newgrange Gold Irish Wild Flax Oil, Camelina Sativa, butter, milk, vanilla and lemon zest, and whisk until well combined.
- In a separate bowl, stir together the flour, baking powder, salt, and poppy seeds.
- Combine the wet and dry ingredients and mix until just combined.
- Divide the batter evenly between the prepared muffin cups, filling almost to the top.
- Bake cupcakes for 30-35 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the centre of a cupcake comes out clean.
- Let cool for ten minutes before removing the cupcakes from the tin.
- Once cool you can add the icing on top.
- To make the icing, sift the icing sugar into a bowl, add in the lemon juice and stir until smooth.
- Once the cupcakes are cooled, drizzle with the icing and its ok if its messy! Sprinkle with some more poppy seeds.