A healthy lunch or dinner recipe using Newgrange Gold Chilli and Garlic Rapeseed Oil.
- 1 tsp Newgrange Gold Chilli and Garlic Rapeseed Oil
- Bunch of asparagus
- 2 tbsp of Newgrange Gold Chilli and Garlic Rapeseed Oil
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 200g cooked noodles – ramen noodles
- 2 large eggs
- pinch of sugar
For the crispy garlic and shallot chilli oil
- 250ml Newgrange Gold Chilli and Garlic Rapeseed Oil
- 4 small shallots halved and thinly sliced
- 6 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 star anise
- 30g crushed red chilli flakes
- 20g sesame seeds
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp caster sugar
- To make the chilli oil, thinly slice the shallots, garlic, cinnamon stick, star anise, chilli flakes and Newgrange Gold Chilli and Garlic Rapeseed Oil into a wide pan then bring to a gentle sizzle. Cook for 15-20 mins over a low-medium heat, stirring now and again, until the shallots and garlic are crisp and golden brown. Watch closely and do not allow to burn or you will have to start again. Set aside to cool.
- On a separate pan toast the sesame seeds until golden, then tip into a bowl and set aside.
- Remove the cinnamon stick and star anise from the oil and add the soy and sugar to the bowl with the toasted sesame seeds. Place the oil into a jar and store in the fridge for up to two weeks.
- When ready to make the noodles, heat 1 tbsp of Newgrange Gold Chilli and Garlic Rapeseed Oil in a frying pan or a wok along with 1 tbsp soy sauce, 1 tsp sesame oil and a pinch of sugar
- Slice the asparagus in half length ways and add to the pan.
- Cook for a few minutes and add the noodles along with 4tbsp of crispy garlic and shallot chilli oil you made.
- Toss together, divide between two bowls.
- Wipe the pan with some kitchen paper. Add in 1 tbsp of Newgrange Gold Chilli and Garlic Rapeseed Oil
- When sizzling, crack in the eggs and fry until crispy around the edge, spooning over the oil as they cook.
- Slide the fried eggs over the noodles, add more crispy garlic and shallot bits on top, if you like.