- 150ml Newgrange Gold Rapeseed oil
- 1 x 250g can dolphin friendly tuna
- 1 x onion, finely chopped
- 250g potatoes mashed (this is a great recipe for using up leftovers)
- 1 x teaspoon fresh marjoram or Â½ teaspoon dried
- 1 x teaspoon finely chopped sage or Â½ teaspoon dried
- 2 x beaten eggs
- 2 x tablespoons flour (plain, wholemeal)
- Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a pan and gently fry the onion, when softened, add the spinach and cook slowly. Ensure all water has evaporated and rest on a piece of kitchen towel to dry.
- Add the mixture to the tuna when cooled and mix thoroughly before adding the mashed potato and herbs plus salt and pepper.
- Add half the beaten egg and mix again, the best method is to get your hands in and give it a good squelch!
- Form the mixture into 8 flat cakes before dipping in the beaten egg and then coating in flour.
- Heat the remaining oil in the frying pan and shallow fry each fish cake for 7 minutes each side, they will turn a lovely golden brown colour. Serve with a big salad or baked beans for a cold day!