- 1 dozen eggs (depending on how many scotch eggs you want to make)
- 24 sausages (I prefer to skin sausages as opposed to buying sausage meat. 2-3 sausages usually coats 1 egg)
- Packet breadcrumbs (seasoned to taste)
- Newgrange Gold Oil (flavour depending on your preferred choice – I love Chilli & Garlic Rapeseed Oil myself!)
- Beaten egg for coating
- Hard boil number of eggs required.
- Skin & wrap 2-3 skinned sausages around egg (the messy part!) to form a ball.
- Roll the egg with sausage meat wrapped around in beaten egg to coat.
- Roll in breadcrumbs to coat all around.
- Shallow fry in Newgrange Gold Oil of your preferred taste, slowly turning until golden brown all over.
- Serve for breakfast, brunch, lunch, lunch boxes, picnics, starters etc!
Messy but worth every bit for the delicious taste which you don’t get from shop-bought ones! Let me know what you think!!